[GRLUG] Routing Weirdness

Mark Farver mfarver at mindbent.org
Tue Jan 28 17:02:13 EST 2014

On Jan 28, 2014 4:53 PM, "L. V. Lammert" <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:

> OK, .. we have two RVN042s onsite, and there is a wireless link between
> one (the 192.168.1.n) and a remote site (the 192.168.2.n) so remote users
> can access the server (192.168.1.145).

Insufficient data...we would need to know a lot more about the network.
Where are these devices situated on relation to the default gateway? How
are they configured?  Etc.... You should consult with a qualified network
engineer.

The most likely cause is some kind of dynamic routing.  The remote site
sees a momentary internet outage and switches to using the main site via
the wireless link as a backup.

Mark