[GRLUG] finding dhcp lease info

Dave Chiodo megadave at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 01:11:33 EST 2014

Sounds screwy. But with the canned firmware those things comes with, who
knows. I tend to avoid the "stock" firmware and prefer OpenWRT or Tomato.

I can't imagine any reason having some fixed-IP devices would be a problem.
Technically even if they were in the DHCP range it should be ok, as the
DHCP service SHOULD do a ping to make sure an address isn't claimed before
assigning it. (keyword "should" - so probably better to keep them
non-overlapping)