[GRLUG] PHP & CentOS

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Wed Jan 22 22:10:49 EST 2014

On Wed, 22 Jan 2014, Justin Denick wrote:

> My gentoo senses tell me you should be able to compile php from source.
> I've never used centos though so that may not be an awesome idea without
> a good backup-- unless you're gutsy and you're not doing anything till
> morning.

Interesting option, .. but won't happen here <g>! Packages are my rule.
Building a system from scratch takes way too much time, ..

The new OS was not to upgrade PHP, rather I was concerned that the upgrade
[update as Greg describes the process] did NOT update PHP.

Digesting Gregs info now, .. the system in use does not have any fancy
modules, and the DB access is via DBTCP so that, in itself, should not be
affected by the upgrade.

	Thanks!

	Lee