[GRLUG] PHP & CentOS

Justin Denick justin.denick at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 20:50:17 EST 2014

My gentoo senses tell me you should be able to compile php from source. I've never used centos though so that may not be an awesome idea without a good backup-- unless you're gutsy and you're not doing anything till morning.

You'll likely have to recompile apache too if it was compiled against the previous php-- it was.

That should be more efficient than installing a new os just to upgrade php. It may also be that the newer php is installed in a slot. This allows two or more versions of php to exist at the same time. Check /etc/php for different ini files for each slot (if there are slots, each would necessarily need their own config.)

-j