[GRLUG] entertaining bit of satire re M$ (I think it's satire)

Eric Beversluis ebever at researchintegration.org
Tue Feb 11 09:22:32 EST 2014

Well, if you want to debate it on the list, my apologies to everyone
else.

1. I took my reply off-list because I believed that most of the list
members would not be interested in the debate. This seems the key to
"netiquette," which is a monstrously ill-defined concept. On the other
hand, my original posting of the satirical link was one that I thought
most list members--who can't avoid dealing with Windows
extensively--would enjoy.

2.  The post was clearly labeled, so it would take you or others not
interested in it a mere micro-second to delete and move on to the next
"relevant" post.

3. I delete, without reading them, perhaps a couple of dozen posts from
this and other lists everyday because they are not what I'm interested
in. I don't make judgments as to whether those topics should have been
raised or not.

4.  Your lawn???