[GRLUG] Data Logging

Scott scott.tanner at comcast.net
Sun Dec 14 17:14:10 EST 2014

Not sure if this helps, but we track temperature in our server room as part of our Nagios and Cacti installations. We have a stand-alone networked temperature sensor that supports SNMP, which we poll every 5 mins and alert if over a threshold.

Likewise, you can access a servers temperature sensors through SNMP or use a script/SSH to pull in whatever values to cacti.

Regards,
Scott Tanner