[GRLUG] AirOS Expertise

Greg Folkert greg at gregfolkert.net
Wed Sep 25 12:47:32 EDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-09-25 at 11:09 -0500, L. V. Lammert wrote:
> Have an interesting problem configuring an AirOS (Ubiquity) link as a
> replacement for a VPN (i.e. not a bridge), .. does anyone know the system
> well, or know someone that would like to consult to assist in building the
> config?
>
> The docs are very complete, but I almost bricked one side already and
> would prefer to have some direction on the configuration.
>
> 	Lee

So, Lee, how is this any different than using OpenSwan? Other than the
fact you've almost bricked a proprietary system and still can't get the
link to work?

I'm just asking, since, if you'd have used "a cobbled together POS" with
some old POS linux machine and OpenSWAN... you might have already been
done and up and running... because you know... it was cobbled together.

I'm not mad or anything, so temper your answer here, please. I'm just
wonder how AirOS is "better"... huh?
greg at gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
"If I am what I have and if I lose what I have who then am I?"
    -- Erich Fromm