[GRLUG] VPN access to website on LAN

Eric Beversluis ebever at researchintegration.org
Wed Sep 25 07:57:33 EDT 2013

Strange--it's working now without any addition to /etc/hosts.

I don't know what did it. It seemed to start working after I went into
Firefox to Edit>Preferences>Advanced>Network>Settings and changed "Use
system proxy settings" to "No proxy." But when I changed FF back to "Use
system proxy settings" it continued to work, even after clearing all
Firefox history.

I had earlier found that traceroute to the website URL worked correctly
and that wget www.website.com correctly fetched the index page of the
site.

Whatever.

Thanks.