[GRLUG] VPN access to website on LAN

Eric Beversluis ebever at researchintegration.org
Tue Sep 24 23:43:08 EDT 2013

I've got a website set up on our server at work (ClearOS); the website
also has a production version at GoDaddy. I've got the local DNS on the
server working so I can get to the local version from the LAN. But now
I'm trying to do the same thing when connected via pptp from home, and
all I can get is the GoDaddy version.

I know the VPN connection is working, since I can connect to hosts at
work with their private IP addresses and log into the ClearOS webconfig
using 192.168.1.1. I can use RDP to connect to a Windows server on the
LAN that has no public IP address.

There's stuff online about how to set up Windows to either have the
browser go through the VPN or not, but I haven't found anything about
how to do it in Linux. I saw something that suggested that the browser
should go through the VPN by default. But mine is clearly not doing
that. I've tried clearing my browser cache and also rebooting the
computer.

What am I missing?

Thanks.