[GRLUG] Any sendmail folks out there?

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Tue Oct 29 10:37:57 EDT 2013

On Tue, 29 Oct 2013, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:

> It is very well documented that mail *REQUIRES* working DNS; much like
> Kerberos.  No DNS then no mail, no authentication, ....  This should be
> considered a hard requirement;  the solution is to fix your name
> resolution.  Either use a valid FQDN or make the FQDN valid.

Unfortunately, with some firewall configurations that just isn't possible,
so there is no need to harp on it!

Running sendmail without DNS is documented and works, .. now I have to
just figure out how to get it to send the proper hostname:

root at domain.com
    (reason: 504 Need Fully Qualified Address)
    (expanded from: <root at WTWeb>)
			       ^i.e. WTWeb.domain.com

Thanks!

	Lee