[GRLUG] Any sendmail folks out there?

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Mon Oct 28 18:13:42 EDT 2013

On Mon, 28 Oct 2013, Mark Farver wrote:

> What is the content of your /etc/mail/service.switch file?

Not present.

> What is in /etc/nsswitch.conf?

Not present.

> Did you rebuild sendmail.cf and restart the service?

Of course, .. many times.

Finally got it to actually USE /etc/hosts with the hostname "nospam", ..
but it eventually rejects with a "reason: 504 Need Fully Qualified
Address".

While I can understand sendmail complying with the RFCs with a full DNS
query [bypassing /etc/hosts], it's also pretty dumb that there is no way
to create a bypass when the public IP is not accessible.

The firewall is an ASA box which I do not control, and the chap that runs
it said there is now way to create an internal zone like dnsmasq would
provide.

	Lee