[GRLUG] laptop suggestions

Ben Rousch brousch at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 08:19:31 EDT 2013

Keep in mind that Linux drivers on MacBooks can be problematic, especially
if you buy a brand new model. Until the bleeding edge users pick one up and
get everything working, you can be left with partial functionality with
things like cameras, hibernating, and wifi. Even afterwards, you may need
to install some drivers manually.

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 8:16 AM, John-Thomas Richards <jtr at jrichards.org>wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 07:59:09AM -0400, Richard Nienhuis wrote:
> > Height: 0.71 inch (1.8 cm)
> > Width: 12.35 inches (31.4 cm)
> > Depth: 8.62 inches (21.9 cm)
> > Weight: 3.46 pounds (1.57 kg)
> >
> > That is for the current 13" MBP-Retina.  You might be looking at old
> > stats.
> [snip]
>
> Almost makes me want a MBP. Almost. But how do they do that?
> --
> john-thomas
> ------
> It was our own moral failure and not any accident of chance, that while
> preserving the appearance of the Republic we lost its reality.
> Marcus Tullius Cicero, statesman, orator, writer (106-43BC)

 Ben Rousch
   brousch at gmail.com
   http://clusterbleep.net/