[GRLUG] laptop suggestions

Topher topher at codeventure.net
Sun Oct 27 19:32:46 EDT 2013

I need a new laptop, and I have some pretty specific desires.

1. very thin.  I'd get a mac book air if it had normal hardware.

2. I'd really love for it to push my 30" monitor at 2560x1600 so I could
use it exclusively

3. the rest is pretty normal these days.  tons of ram, SSD drive etc.

I'm looking pretty hard at the Lenovo X1 Carbon, it does everything I
want.  I talked with someone about the monitor and they said the display
port can translate to DVI-D, which is what the monitor needs.

Are there any other options I should be looking at?