[GRLUG] friends, geeks, linuxheads, lend me your advice!

Mike Williams knightperson at zuzax.com
Mon Oct 7 12:07:57 EDT 2013

Unfortunately, I would be getting both a new router and a new server
since neither one of them is really performing well. The router is doing
well for its age, but it can't handle the IPv6 tunnel reliably. The
server is just unacceptably slow.

Those Soekris things look like a decent idea, but what would I gain
above the WRT? Their processor speed is pretty slow even if it's
slightly better than what I currently have, but I want to have more room
to grow than that. Particularly for the server, I need to do better. The
Stora has a 900Mhz or so chip, and performance is still abysmal, so the
server needs to be a "real computer" of some kind. Since any real
computer is going to have plenty of resources to run the router also,
I'd like to do things that way even if it's a pain to initially set up.