[GRLUG] web cam

Greg Folkert greg at gregfolkert.net
Mon Nov 18 20:09:14 EST 2013

On Mon, 2013-11-18 at 17:40 -0500, Topher wrote:
> On 11/18/2013 05:37 PM, Josh wrote:
> >> On Nov 18, 2013, at 12:45 PM, Topher <topher at codeventure.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> A while back I think I asked this list for an opinion about a nice
> >> simple USB web cam that'll work in Linux.  I'm thinking <$50.  I can't
> >> find the responses though, so I'm asking again.
> >>
> >> Opinions?
> The photo booth is running some Logitech cam. I think Casey paid 80
>  bucks and it was pretty nice
>
> Thanks, I think I'm going to get the Logitech c270.  This review makes
> it sound pretty good: http://www.goodbyemicrosoft.net/news.php?item.674.2

I'm using that exact camera. It works well with Hackintosh, Macintosh,
WindowsXP-Windows7 and best of all, full support under Linux. All
features seems to work just fine...

greg at gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
"Habit is a cable; we weave a thread of it each day, and at last we
cannot break it."
    -- Horace Mann