[GRLUG] Citrix, anyone?

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Thu Nov 14 13:43:48 EST 2013

On Thu, 2013-11-14 at 09:51 -0600, L. V. Lammert wrote:
> Trying to get Citrix "Receiver" running on a 64-bit platform, .. I was
> surprised to see a bunch of DLLs, and at least two unresolved
> dependencies!
> The "Citrix Receiver" will launch, but it fails at "create an account" on
> the Server. Problem is, there is no way to tell what executable is
> running, so I don't know if the problem is another unresolved dependencyy,
> or something else.

Enable filesystem auditing and you can watch everything happen.

Procmon, or System Tools, or whatever it is called this week also
had/has tools for watching filesystem activity on an object level.

> The error message says to "Cancel" creating an account and proceed to the
> connection, but at that point it dies. Is there a different execurable for
> the "Receiver" that should run after creating an account fails?

No clue, that is all proprietary rigging.  You need to spy on the system
to see what it is doing.

> Unfortunately, I can see no way to identify the executable(s) involved to
> check for unresolved dependencies, ..

Filesystem auditing.