[GRLUG] OT, .. Rebuildable RAID1

Mike Williams knightperson at zuzax.com
Sun May 19 20:52:24 EDT 2013

Is the array at least still up? I had a fakeRAID controller years ago
where the array was marked as unusable as soon as the primary drive
failed, regardless of the status of the secondary. No, a proper mirror
set doesn't have a primary drive, but this piece of junk did. I just
pulled the fakeRAID card, plugged the primary drive into the motherboard
and rebuilt the startup environment.

I've never used this particular card series, but have you confronted
Intel's (or the card manufacturer's) support about their unusable utility?