[GRLUG] doc crashing gedit

Eric Beversluis ebever at researchintegration.org
Sat May 18 17:36:32 EDT 2013

Suddenly a document I've been opening all along in gedit is crashing
gedit: It opens, flashes on the screen for an instant, and crashes.

No other text documents seem to be doing this, and the doc in question
opens fine in kwrite.

I think it was when I had it open that I was trying to figure out the
modelines plugin and turned it off. And I hadn't done anything with
modelines, since no one on line seems to want to explain it beyond
referring to modelines in Kate and vim. But that doesn't seem to have
affected other text documents--when I open them in gedit they show the
plugin turned off.