[GRLUG] So long.

Ben Rousch brousch at gmail.com
Sun May 12 16:03:34 EDT 2013

Bob,

I'm not sure where that moderator message came from, but there is no
moderator and no one is intentionally attempting to moderate the group. A
policy like that would have been discussed publicly, and no such discussion
has occurred. Godwin is the only one with the necessary access to the group
mail server to enable such a thing. If he says he hasn't enable moderation,
then it isn't happening.

In the past, we have had intermittent problems with the automated spam
filter. For instance, messages that I and others sent containing the word
"hackerspace" were automatically deleted about 3 years ago. It is possible
that your email contained a keyword that triggered the filter, but that
message would just been deleted, not bounced. Another possibility is that
you (unintentionally) CCed a moderated mailing list in that email, and the
bounce came from them.

I would hate to see you leave the group because you think it is being
moderated. Although many people would prefer to see fewer off-topic
discussions, we have no intention of moderating the list.

--
 Ben Rousch
   brousch at gmail.com
   http://clusterbleep.net/