[GRLUG] cable installation

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Wed Mar 27 10:36:01 EDT 2013

John Wesorick <john at wesorick.com> wrote:
>Why not do it yourself? It's not that hard.

Agree.  Most electrical contractors will install cat cable, at least down to the box.  Then there is just the issue of terminating the jacks;  either do that yourself or train an intern.  Everyone I've dealt with commercially is either crazy expensive or does a REALLY LOUSY job - I've seen cat cables spliced with wire nuts! No joke.  Sometimes they are both expensive and incompetent.

--
Adam Tauno Williams