[GRLUG] Linux Antivirus

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Tue Mar 26 15:54:59 EDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-03-26 at 10:52 -0400, Ben Rousch wrote:
> I know some of you use ClamAV, but has anyone tried any of the others
> in this list?
> http://www.techradar.com/news/software/applications/7-of-the-best-anti-virus-apps-for-linux-669087/1#articleContent

I use CLAMAV

I dealt with a site that used AVG, but that was 5+ years ago. So my
opinion either way is no longer of any merit.

I've dealt with BitDefender more recently.  It seems to do its thing.

I feel they are all adequate, perform more-or-less the same, and the
advantages/disadvantages between them do not rise much above the
tedious.  If one really is more fitting than another it depends on
site-specific details.

You will get false-positives and misses with any such tool - don't over
react.

--
Adam Tauno Williams  GPG D95ED383