[GRLUG] A visual history of Linux

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Fri Mar 15 13:40:28 EDT 2013

On Fri, 2013-03-15 at 09:37 -0400, Casey DuBois wrote:
> I'm a visual guy and really liked this:
> A visual history of Linux

The Samba team once made a video 'heat graph' of their source tree that
showed commits like an app such as etherape shows network traffic - as
colorful bursts.  It played out over time watching the activity move
around the tree, the tree grew, activity moved back and fourth.  I do
not know if it 'meant' anything, but was an interesting way of watching
a source tree grow.

A similar visual of the kernel's git repo would be pretty cool; and
probably burn a fair amount of HP to generate.

--
Adam Tauno Williams  GPG D95ED383