[GRLUG] CentOS IP Weirdness

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Wed Mar 13 14:56:30 EDT 2013

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013, Dave Chiodo wrote:

> Ok, wait.. I'm  bit fuzzy on what the setup is.
>
> You are trying to connect to the LOCAL end of a forwarded port? If so,
> what it listens on will be controlled by the arguments you give ssh.

It is a reverse tunnel, .. the issue is it binds to 127.0.0.1
automatically, however if you need to specify the bind IP, you have to
also enable GatewayPorts on the target machine so it CAN bind to the
specific IP.

> This might be simpler to sort out if you show the actual commands you
> are using to setup this tunnel (redact specific IP's if desired)

This is what works:

ssh -f -n -N -R 172.16.112.101:2205:127.0.0.1:2206 lvl at 172.16.112.101

	Thanks!

	Lee