[GRLUG] gentoo training

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 11:30:40 EST 2013

On 03/08/2013 11:24 AM, Benjamin Flanders wrote:
> +1
> Also, if you can't find identical hardware, wouldn't a VM work?  We
> could then use our own laptop.  Just a thought.

IME, half the difficulty of installing Gentoo is getting a target piece
of equipment to boot a live environment of some kind. (Ubuntu makes a
great starting point, though)

Though if we could get a consistent VM environment for everyone, that'd
work, too...but some will want to use libvirt, some will want to use
vmware, and some will want to use virtualbox. I don't want to deal with
that complication. :)

It'd probably work pretty well to have people pair up and use a smaller
amount of unique systems, though.