[GRLUG] Buying a good laptop online

Chris Chocko chrischocko at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 17:29:05 EDT 2013

I'm looking to purchase a laptop for around $500 - $600. I really don't
want to go to Best Buy. I'm not sure of my options though. I was going to
install openBSD or a linux distro, so I'd like to skip the Windows 8
license if possible.

Where do linux guys go to buy their Windowless laptops, or is there a good
deal online somewhere? I'd like the most bang for my buck. I don't really
play games, a good video card would be nice but definitely not necessary.

Thanks for the help (ahead of time). I appreciate any feedback!