[GRLUG] Hello!

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Sun Jan 27 11:38:36 EST 2013

On Sat, 2013-01-26 at 01:56 -0500, Gary Daigle wrote:
> Hello everyone!

Yo!  And welcome.

> Never sure where to start with introductions. My name is Gary, my
> handle is Zetaphor. A few days ago I learned that this group exists,
> and I'm interested in learning more.
> I've been using Linux for about two years now on both my desktop and
> my Marvell Dreamplug. I'm a developer by profession and a tinkerer at
> heart.

You should fit right in.

> I consider myself to be of intermediate skill level with Linux

Same here.

>  Currently using Debian Squeezze, building an Arch environment in a
> VM, reading as much as I can about doing LFS). My ultimate goals are
> to learn as much as I can about the architecture and maintenance of a
> Linux system for my personal use and to satisfy my endless curiosity.
> I'm interested in learning more about this group and possibly
> participating, do I simply show up to one of the meetings? What kinds
> of things do you guys do?

Just show up.  GRLUG is very much entangled with GR Makers, GR Python
Users Group, and other user groups.  The scope of interests is very
wind.  And if you have any questions about something Open Sourcey feel
free to post it to this list - I'm certain someone will be opinionated
about it.

--
Adam Tauno Williams  GPG D95ED383