[GRLUG] Routing between subnets with iptables

megadave megadave at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 22:17:21 EST 2013

Well, unless there is some existing iptables rule in place *stopping*
routing between the two networks, it should automatically..

iptables rules would only serve to BLOCK traffic from being forwarded..

Wait, there's one other thing I just thought of, if this is a linux box:

Is /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward set? If not, the box wont do any
direct routing at all.

If that still doesn't help, I'd have to know more about how the
network is setup..