[GRLUG] Ubuntu Mobile OS

John Wesorick john at wesorick.com
Thu Jan 3 11:14:20 EST 2013

The other thing I like is the idea of being able to dock my phone and use
it as my desktop (i.e. with a full desktop OS, not a mobile
OS that's bigger). My phone is nearly as fast as my daily use laptop. I'm
sure my next phone will be much faster. As far as I know, Ubuntu mobile is
just a DE for an existing OS, so there isn't as much manpower necessary to
keep it developed. Whether or not it has staying power is irrelevant. It's
fun to have choice and try new things. If it sucks, I can always put
Android back on my phone. This is why a lot of people choose Linux to begin
with. Don't like Ubuntu? Try Suse, Fedora, Mint, Debian, etc. etc.  At any
rate, I'm not trying to start a flameware or anything, I just thought that
you guys and gals would find it interesting.