[GRLUG] help with setting up email server

Godwin geektoyz at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 18:02:12 EST 2013

Setting up TLS with Postfix is rather trivial if/when you have Certs.  I
can post config samples later if requested (gotta go out right now).
 Cyrus-Imap SSL seemed to be pretty painless also.  Use "K-9" (or Kaiten on
Android) and your mail is secure there-and-back.  Apple Mail and
Thunderbird work seamlessly with TLS/SSL also.

This page seems to have basing Godaddy SSL's for $5.99/yr.

http://www.godaddy.com/compare/gdcompare3_ssl.aspx?gclid=CNr3op2N2rUCFYk7MgodX3IAmg&isc=zssl207a&ef_id=US-hCwAAAMDAp@9o:20130228225819:s

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 2:05 PM, L. V. Lammert <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Feb 2013, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
>
> > You can buy a server certificate from GoDaddy, and it will be
> > automatically recognized.
> >
> GoDaddy is pretty expensive last time I checked, .. quickssl will them for
> $4.95/yr.
>
> > Otherwise you can generate a CA certificate, and then issue a
> > certificate for you server to yourself.  You'll need to install the CA
> > certificate in the relevant places.
> >
> Self signed works for most mail servers, just remember to set the
> expiration to something like 3650 days (10 years).
>
>         Lee

Ubber::Geek
http://grlug.org/