[GRLUG] update change ownership/permissions?

Dave Chiodo megadave at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 18:27:00 EST 2013

The answer to that is highly dependent on what distribution and
update/package system you are using.

And I couldn't say for sure, but I would think its certainly possible.

Generally I would suggest leaving it secured, and then using su/sudo
when you need to store/update/delete files there, but how important
that is would depend on how critical this machine and the info on it
is, who else has access to it, whether its a publically-accessible
server, etc.