[GRLUG] Strange hyperlink behavior in LibreOffice

Eric Beversluis ebever at researchintegration.org
Thu Feb 14 13:55:59 EST 2013

When I 'copied hyperlink location' (after right click) (rather than just
copying what was visible in the document) I got:

http://puffin.creighton.edu/phil/Stephens/OSAP Epictetus on
StoicLove.htm

and

http://puffin.creighton.edu/phil/Stephens/OSAP%20Epictetus%20on%20Stoic%
20Love.htm

respectively for the link that didn't work and the link that did work.

I took a look at the problemmatic hyperlink in the 'edit hyperlink'
dialogue. The 'target' showed the URL w/o the '%20s' (with spaces) and
missing the space between 'Stoic' and 'Love', while the 'text' showed
what seemed the right URL with the '%20s' included. When I edited the
target by entering the space between 'Stoic' and 'Love', and then
applied it, the hyperlink in the document now worked. But the 'text' in
the edit hyperlink dialog didn't show any changes.

So somehow, what was 'real' was what the document saw as the 'target',
not what the document actually showed.