[GRLUG] Strange hyperlink behavior in LibreOffice

ebever at researchintegration.org ebever at researchintegration.org
Thu Feb 14 10:55:17 EST 2013

I pasted a hyperlink into a LibreOffice document and it keeps giving me a 'page
not found.' So I opened the webpage and re-copied/re-pasted the link and this
time it works. Closer inspection indicates that the first pasting consistently
omits the space between 'Stoic' and 'Love'. But as nearly as I can tell, both
links (the one that works and the one that doesn't) are identical. And if I
copy the first version into my browser address bar, it works fine.

Both these are as copied out of the LibreOffice Writer document. The first
doesn't work, the second does:
http://puffin.creighton.edu/phil/Stephens/OSAP%20Epictetus%20on%20Stoic%20Love.htm
http://puffin.creighton.edu/phil/Stephens/OSAP%20Epictetus%20on%20Stoic%20Love.htm

I even tried deleting and re-entering the final '%20', but it still didn't make
any difference.

Any ideas?

Thanks.