[GRLUG] OpenVPN and shares

Steve @ HCS steveg at branchadventures.org
Tue Feb 5 19:29:19 EST 2013

I know this involves windows, but i wondered if someone could point me
in the right direction.   Linux people often seem to have a better
handle on networking.

On a network with a windows machine at 192.168.0.n and a share of
"example", i have a PFSense gateway/firewall with an OpenVPN server
running.  Appropriate firewall rules seem to be made for the OpenVPN
(Port 1194 to outside ip) .

On the client side of the OpenVPN tunnel that is connected, i can ping
192.168.0.n, but i can not map a drive to \\192.168.0.n\example
I get "network path not found"

Firewall and OpenVPN logs on the host side don't show anything
amiss.     ???
--
'steve