[GRLUG] Windows Thumb Drive Issue

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Fri Aug 30 15:09:18 EDT 2013

At 02:03 PM 8/30/2013, Eric Beversluis wrote:
>Could some USB ports be more sensitive to the drive having been
>reformatted a number of tmes than others?

I have seen MANY USB ports that do not supply sufficient power for
USB drives [platter], .. could the power requirements for such a
large thumb drive cause a prorlem?

>Or are there maybe qualitative differences in flash drives and the
>ports on the HP
>are more sensitive to a quality problem?

Doubt that, more likely a power problem or a problem with the
formatting. Would it not be simpler to just get a different thumb
drive? I have a couple of dozen under my monitor, ,.. of varying sizes.

         Lee