[GRLUG] VPN Help

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Sun Aug 4 12:45:01 EDT 2013

On Fri, 2 Aug 2013, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:

> I assume you mean Linksys RVN42s.  My advice is to junk them and pick-up
> a couple real routers (Cisco 28xx, you can get them cheap on E-Bay).

Actually, they are Cisco now, and were the only router with a reasonable
price point that had full VPN capability. The other factor is physical
space - no room for rack-size, so 2800s would not work.

> Then I can e-mail you a config you can can cut-n-paste into the routers
> and they will work, reliably, every time, all the time.  Performance
> will be great.

That would be great - how much of a problem would be the 'translation' to
a GUI?

> The Linksys stuff is toy junk with lousy, if any, documentation.

There doesn't seem to be ANY VPN documentation or HowTos for Cisco other
than ASA?

> > Anyone interested in helping [$]?

Let me know if you would like to take a look , ..

	Thanks!

	Lee