[GRLUG] php.ini won't update

Eric Beversluis ebever at researchintegration.org
Fri Apr 26 21:33:02 EDT 2013

On Fri, 2013-04-26 at 16:40 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> > > I restored Xphp.ini-bak to /etc/php.ini, made the changes there, and it
> > > worked. So something must have corrupted the copied php.ini file I was
> > > using?
> > Curious: if the php.ini file was corrupted, why didn't apache crash or
> > at least, php (and hence the webconfig page and the sugarcrm web
> > interface) crash? Is there a cached version of php.ini somewhere that
> > apache was using?
>
> If you still have both do a diff and see what the differences are.

The only difference that seems significant to me is that I uncommented a
variables_order option in the "Quick Reference Section" rather than
changing it further down where it is actually set, not realizing that
where I found it wasn't the place to set it.

So that still leave me with my question, why did it run with the old
settings rather than just crash?