[GRLUG] php.ini won't update

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Fri Apr 26 14:40:27 EDT 2013

On Fri, 2013-04-26 at 14:17 -0400, Eric Beversluis wrote:
> I'm trying to update my php.ini file on a clearos CE server. I've gone
> into /etc/php.ini and changed upload_max_file size to 30M and
> memory_limit to 700M, with vi. I've checked back a couple of times with
> cat and the values in the file are correct. But phpinfo() is not showing
> the new values and my SugarCRM keeps prompting me to change them.
> I've restarted apache and restarted the server several times. That
> hasn't helped. Checking Loaded Configuration File indicates that in
> fact /etc/php.ini is the loaded file.

You've verified that "/etc/php.ini" is the 'correct' PHP INI file?  That
is the value displayed by phpinfo() under "Configuration File (php.ini)
Path"

> I'm working with a copy of the original php.ini file with the old one
> renamed to Xphp.ini-bak. Presumably apache/php is not still reading that
> one when it says it's reading php.ini.
> Any ideas?

You can override php.ini settings in either the vhost definition or in
the .htaccess file.  Is that happening?  You can even override values in
the PHP code itself [via ini_set(...), or some such]

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam at whitemice.org> GPG D95ED383