[GRLUG] Letter from Comcast

nivardus nivardus at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 19:26:53 EDT 2013

Incidentally, I placed an order for Comcast's 50 Mbps residential service
just today. AT&T wanted a few dollars less for half the speed and had no
higher speed offerings. I haven't heard anyone offer local statistics on
this tier, so I'll toss some over here when my service is active. I'm glad
to see some vaguely modern speeds come to metro GR, even if they're just
advertised values.

For what it's worth, U-Verse installation is completely free with most new
customers, while Comcast wants $10 to mail a CD, $25 for 2 day shipping (I
have a modem already.)

-Ben G.