[GRLUG] more minidnla questions

Jonathan Jesse jjesse at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 22:56:22 EDT 2013

Since you guys were so awesome with the scripting question I thought you
could help me out with yet another question.

No idea why I'm using minidlna but it seems to work mostly and was pretty
easy to setup.

I have a Dell Laptop w/ 2 hard drives in it 150gb drive as / and a 300gb
drive that mounts as /media/Media upon startup.

I'v come to fill up my / partition (drive) with iso images, virtual
machines, and other media and would like to use my 300gb for my videos.

Minidlna allows me to specify the folder separately for music, videos etc
in the minidlna.conf file.

So if I have a drive /media/Media and a folder called Videos I should be
able to configure minidlna to use /media/Media/Videos/ as my folder to
stream files.

However I keep getting a permission denied when starting the service.  I've
posted on askubuntu.com but don't see to be avle to get it fiugred out
correctly

http://askubuntu.com/questions/266033/permissions-for-video-folder-for-minidlna