[GRLUG] need some script help

Jonathan Jesse jjesse at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 22:39:03 EDT 2013

Hey GRLUGERS,

New to scripting and all that but hoping to get some help out here.  I've
been using minidnla on my Ubuntu laptop to stream movies to my xbox and
things are working very well.

However I notice something... If I grab something off bittorent chances are
it is a MP4 or a MKV file and my xbox can't stream it.

For some reason if I rename the same file Big Bang Theory.mp4 to Big Bang
Theory.avi the file will play on my xbox.  Not quite sure what happens in
the rename of the file that makes the magic work but it does.

So I'm wondering if there is a script guru that could look at all my files
that either named *.mp4 or *.mkv and rename it to whatever it was .avi?

Make sense?