[GRLUG] modems etc

Joseph VanDerStelt joseph.vanderstelt at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 19:51:13 EDT 2013

Charter Rep Here!

With Charters "new" 30/4Mbps internet package we now require the
customer to have a Charter provided DOCSIS 3.0 modem. However, we no
longer charge a modem lease fee. The standard rate for the 30Mbps
service is 54.99 alone, or 49.99 when bundled with phone or TV. As far
as I know the self provisioning will not allow for non-Charter provided
modems to be provisioned but I cannot promise that is true. I have seen
customer accounts where the MAC ID for the modem we provided was not
responding and at deeper look there was a different device/MAC ID
provisioned and their internet seemed to be functioning fine. If you do
purchase a modem (and assuming your on the new internet package, as the
legacy package will allow customer owned modems) let me know if you are
able to get it provisioned.