[GRLUG] Comcast doubles bandwidth at same popular prices.

Dan Pilcheck pilcheck at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 10:35:19 EDT 2013

Steve, we use as much as we can! 4 tech-savvy/gamers/netflixers guys in the
house.

This is from today: http://i.imgur.com/XnelBK3.png
We're off to a slow start this year!
This is from last summer http://i.imgur.com/XnelBK3.png

I found this under https://customer.comcast.com > My account > My Services

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 10:25 AM, Steve Romanow <slestak989 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Tomato Shibby has beta support for the 3700
>

> On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 10:20 AM, Nic Jansma <nic at nicj.net> wrote:
>
>>  +1 to all of Dan's sentences.  I had a WRT54G that wasn't able to keep
>> up with the 50/10 speeds (it would peak around 25mbps, and crash
>> semi-frequently).  I purchased a WNDR3700 and it's able to handle the speed
>> wonderfully.
>>
>> I got the same email from Comcast, on the same date.  I'm also using the
>> SB61621.
>>
>> - Nichttp://nicj.net/
>> @NicJ
>>
>> On 4/11/2013 10:11 AM, Dan Pilcheck wrote:
>>
>> Folks,
>> I received this email  from Comcast on 03/06/13.
>>
>>  Subject "Service Announcement"
>> ----
>> Dear Valued Customer,
>>
>> *Great news!* We've increased your Internet speed!
>>
>> Now we have *doubled the speed* of your Blast!® Internet service,
>> with download speeds up to 50 Mbps and upload speeds up to 10 Mbps.
>>  ----
>>
>> I can tell you that I peak at around 80 down and 30 up.
>> Off of Comcast's network we indeed see 50/10+ on a daily basis.
>>  Located around Eastown.
>>
>>  We have a SB6121 modem and a decent router.
>> You need a DOCSIS3 device if you want to see those speeds.
>> Also, dump that turn-of-the-century Linksys WRT54G!
>>

>>  Cheers,
>>
>>  On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 7:07 AM, John-Thomas Richards <jtr at jrichards.org
>> > wrote:

>>>  It makes no sense to start there. Rich people don't pay more for their
>>> connections and Cascade is less densely populated. Comcast doesn't cater
>>> to the rich; it caters to revenue.

>>>  Meh. My Internet speed has long been sufficient.
>>> --
>>> john-thomas
>>> ------
>>> The trade of governing has always been monopolized by the most ignorant
>>> and
>>> the most rascally individuals of mankind.
>>> Thomas Paine, philosopher and writer (1737-1809)

Who is to say that the next step in evolution is not a statistical chance
but rather a by-product of our own will?
That from here on out, nature stops deciding who survives and who doesn't,
but our own decisions?