[GRLUG] cable installation

Dave Chiodo megadave at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 12:28:03 EDT 2013

Nothing special on the phone - just a normal web browser.

All you need is some sort of camera device and a basic linux box somewhere.

I'm using a little spycam that outputs NTSC video and a video-cap
board, but a USB webcam can work too

I built an enclosure for it out of some PVC pipe and a piece of plexi..

This is the software I'm using:

http://www.lavrsen.dk/foswiki/bin/view/Motion/WebHome

All you need to do  to be able to get at it from outside your home
network is configure a port-forward in your router.

A dynamic DNS setup is useful too.