[GRLUG] Raspberry Pi Question

David Wise davidn.wise at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 10:56:18 EDT 2012

I guess it wouldn't have to be an .ISO, but I am hoping for some way to get
my DVDs to my television with the same ease I get my CDs to my stereo. A
digital jukebox with simple interface is the end goal.

I currently use PS3 Media Server to stream to my PS3, and it handles ISO
files, but simply gives me a directory structure. I  want to select a file
and get to the DVD menu. It's a messy bunch of "title01" type files that
way, and I assume that it would be equally messy in a directory structure.

If the RPi isn't the best option here, I can change my thinking to another
device. I have other uses I can re-purpose the RPi to do, but with it's
excellent graphics capabilities, I was thinking it'd be ideal. I just
figured it'd work out of the box since XBMC on my Win7 machine works
without any configuring (I just installed it now to check).
--
Dave