[GRLUG] clean install and date modified

megadave megadave at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 09:11:47 EDT 2012

FYI, this might be one good reason for keeping /home on a separate
partition (or even a separate drive, if you have one) than the rest of
the system. All you'd need to do would be to install again, and just
tell the installer NOT to format /home (or dont even mount it during
the new install, just install with no separate /home, leaving the 2nd
drive alone, and then fixup the mounts after the new system was
running.)