[GRLUG] NOT LINUX

Roger Roelofs roger.roelofs at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 14:46:08 EDT 2012

Or we can be cynical and assume that everyone is collecting and
potentially selling our data.  Knowing how cheap storage is I have to
guess that data is rarely thrown away on purpose.  I confess that I'm
more circumspect online than I am in the real world.

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 2:36 PM, Richard Nienhuis
<richardnienhuis at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm pretty sure Comcast will sell whatever they think they can make a profit
> on.  I'm a more willing to believe that google will have a decent system to
> anonymize the data they collect.
>

> On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 2:08 PM, Topher <topher at codeventure.net> wrote:
>>
>> On 09/10/2012 02:07 PM, John-Thomas Richards wrote:

>> > Comcast's primary business is not selling advertising.  Therein lies a
>> > huge difference.
>>
>> How sure are you of that?

Roger

Roger Roelofs