[GRLUG] NOT LINUX

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Mon Sep 10 14:44:46 EDT 2012

At 01:36 PM 9/10/2012, Richard Nienhuis wrote:
>I'm pretty sure Comcast will sell whatever they think they can make
>a profit on.  I'm a more willing to believe that google will have a
>decent system to anonymize the data they collect.

Well, .. there some simple ways to reduce the level Google can snoop:

         * FF/NoScript (block all Google JS - *ESPECIALLY* google-analytics)
         * Use FF Private Browsing Mode by default
         * Use ssh/ssl for as many connections as possible
         * Be *SURE* Google JS and cookies are turned off when using
Google search engines

Otherwise, Google owns your browsing history.

         Lee