[GRLUG] Fwd: Software GR features John Hauck: Cudafy Me - Graphics Processor Programming in C# on Windows 8

Casey DuBois casey at grlug.org
Mon Oct 15 11:30:07 EDT 2012

Hey GRLUG,
Please register if you can attend......

** **

John Hauck: Cudafy Me - Graphics Processor Programming in C# and Windows 8

When: October 23rd, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm

Where: Atomic Object, 941 Wealthy Street SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49506

Please RSVP if you'll be
attending<http://softwaregr.us1.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=f3c4b0ffb20d0f119415fffd8&id=c5406ef0c6&e=0ffae3cc08>.
Thanks!****

The ThreadPool is fine for little dips, but this is the year to dive head
first into the GPGPU - the General Purpose Graphics Processing Unit. In
this talk we will be solving the traveling salesman problem by brute force.
That is, we will compute the length of every possible route connecting a
series of cities - to find the shortest one. We will do this entirely in
Visual Studio C# using three techniques: single-threaded CPU,
multi-threaded CPU, and the massively parallel GPGPU. We will spend most of
the time learning how to use NVidia's CUDA with HybridDSP's Cudafy. After
attending this talk you will see the universe as a massively parallel
phenomenon that is ripe for you to model it.****

About the speaker

John Hauck has been developing software professionally in Michigan since
1981, and focused on Windows-based development since 1988. For the past 17
years John has been working at LECO, a scientific laboratory instrument
company, where he manages software development. John also served as the
manager of software development at Zenith Data Systems, and as the Vice
President of software development at TechSmith. John loves the Lord, his
wife, their three kids, and sailing on Lake Michigan.****

       ****

Casey DuBois
616-808-6942