[GRLUG] Antivirus

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Sat Oct 13 18:54:22 EDT 2012

On Sat, 2012-10-13 at 16:39 -0400, Kelly Vanderwell wrote:
> I figure i should be for sure and get antivirus/anti malware.  I have
> ubuntu 12.04 LTE.  can anyone reccommend one for me?

The primary malware tool on LINUX/UNIX is CLAMAV;  CLAMAV is packaged on
every mainstream LINUX distribution that I've met [so I assume that
includes Ubuntu].

The homepage of the project is <http://www.clamav.net/lang/en/>

I regularly scan my file library so as to avoid being a vector [there
isn't really any threat to me on a LINUX workstations or server, but you
don't want to store-and-forward tainted files].