[GRLUG] OLF [Was: gnome tracker issue]

Eric Beversluis ebever at researchintegration.org
Thu Oct 4 08:43:21 EDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-10-04 at 08:26 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-10-04 at 07:57 -0400, Eric Beversluis wrote:
> > Missed you and Dirk at OLF.
>
> Yea, it was a bummer to miss it, but there was just way to much else
> going on this year.
>
> And the ideology of the organizers is obviously getting in the way of
> their having compelling presenters/presentations.  The schedule of talks
> looked pretty lame.  I hope it was better than it looked.

I heard a few useful presentations, but then my needs are different than
yours.

I'm thinking of submitting one for next year on "Creating a WordPress
theme from scratch." Not that most people ever will do that, but I found
that building one from scratch (following various online tutorials)
helped me understand better what I was doing when creating child themes
from themes I liked. To do anything in an hour, it would have to assume
LAMP and working knowledge of WP, but not necessarily any experience
with modifying themes. There was a large group at the GIMP basics
presentation, tho it seemed many of them had more experience with GIMP
than the presentation was aimed at.